All work carried out by Prolec Electrical Services comes with a certificate as standard where applicable.
Different types of certificate that we may issue are subject to the type of work being carried out. They typically include:
- Installation certificates
- Minor works certificates
- Domestic Installation certificates
- Domestic minor works certificates
- Domestic Visual Condition Reports
- Electrical Installation Condition Reports or EICR
- Emergency lighting installation certificates
- Fire Detection and Alarm System Installation Certificate
- Fire Detection and Alarm System Modification Certificates
- Fire safety certificates
- Transportable Building Electrical Installation Certificate
What does it all mean…?
Clarity with such an important document is vital, so our testing engineers will happily sit and explain anything that is on your mind regarding certificates, results and recommendations and answer any questions you may have. Alternatively if you decide to look through it at a later time, and you are still unclear about anything you can call our office and talk to our Quality Supervisor and Inspection and Testing expert who will happily answer your questions.
EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report)
The purpose of periodic inspection and testing is to provide an engineering view on whether or not an installation is in a satisfactory condition where it can continue to be used safely.
We can provide Electrical Installation Condition Reports on request in any environment on any size installation. We use the latest in testing equipment and certification software meaning our clients get the very best electrical testing services available. And it goes without saying; all our testing engineers are fully qualified and experienced engineers enabling them to deliver a precise and accurate report. If we are satisfied with your installation, you can be too.
Suggested intervals between Inspections and testing.
- Domestic premises 10 years / change of occupancy
- Domestic accommodation 5 years / change of occupancy
- HMO’s 5 years / change of occupancy
- Commercial premises 5 years / change of occupancy
- Educational establishments 5 years
- Offices 5 years
- Shops 5 years
- Hospitals 5 years
- Industrial premises 3 years
- Cinemas 1 year*
- Churches 5 years
- Leisure complexes (excluding swimming pools) 3 year
- Swimming pools 1 year
- Places of public entertainment 3 year
- Restaurants and hotels 5 years
- Theatres 1 year*
- Agricultural and horticultural 3 years
- Caravans 3 years
- Caravan parks 1 year*
- Emergency lighting 3 years
- Fire alarm systems 1 year
- Launderettes 1 year*
- Petrol filling stations 1 year*
- Public Houses 5 years
- Marinas 1 Year
- Highway power supplies 6 years
- Temporary installation 3 months
Where maximum periods are marked * there is a legal requirement for retests at these intervals
It is worth noting that these are maximum intervals recommended as detailed in the IEE wiring regulations BS7671:2008 amendment 1: 2011. However it is not necessarily the maximum time an installation should wait to be inspected and tested. In some cases the frequency should be more often. We can help you make that decision using the years of experience and knowledge we have built up in this area of our work. If you are unsure, please do not hesitate to contact us.
For peace of mind….
Our certificates are computer generated. We record all results straight onto a hand held device during testing which then sends the information straight back to our office. Once a certificate is completed on a hand held device it is stored safely on our servers instantly. We then have the ability to email it immediately to our client, print it off or burn it to a disk for safe keeping. Our clients automatically receive a hard copy in the post after any works if applicable, but have the option of having their certificate emailed to them or stored on a disk or memory stick if they wish. If our client were to ever lose their certificate that is covered too… we hold all certificates on file for the lifetime of the certificate so a duplicate is only 2 clicks away.